Sunday 28 April 2019

School Holiday Reading

The Notebook of Doom: Rise of the Balloon Goons
By: Troy Cummings


Over the holidays I read the chapter book called Rise of the Balloon Goon by Troy Cummings.
It is about a boy named Alexander and he had a friend named Rip.
On Alexander’s first day of school he was late because he found the
structure and it had a hole in the wall. Alexander went
in and he found a book The book was called SSMP of Doom and Alexander read the scary
monster book. Alexander and his dad went to breakfast one day and he saw a balloon goon
and it ate the air from Alexander’s dad’s car wheels for breakfast. He found out later that there
were heaps of balloon goons and they combined to make a giant goon snake. The snake
wanted to destroy the kids and it tied Rip up.  Later on Alexander got the snake and tied it into
a knot by making the snake go left, right, up, down, turn around! It became a giant knot, but then
the goon’s fortress turned into a dragon. Alexander’s dad came back to the kids and he popped
the dragon’s tail with a pin from the game Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Alexander read the rest of
the book and on a blank page he wrote all about the balloon goons. He even said to carry a
pin if you think a balloon goon is nearby. They really get the point!

I really liked reading this book because I read it all by myself. It was the first big chapter book
I have ever read. I liked when Alexander found the clown underneath the table because Rip
posed and showed his muscles. Then, Alexander rolled his eyes. It was so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cayden, well done you!!, this book sounds really interesting. Thank you for sharing.
    I bought some books at the Scholastic book sale and I read a couple of them in the holidays. I wanted to read them before I let you, Jaxon and Shyla read them, I think you will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.