Thursday 17 December 2020

SLJ W1D4 Te Reo Maori

 Today for my Summer Learning Journey task I worked on an assignment that was about te reo Maori. I had to write "What are you doing today?" in Maori and then answer the question. My finger hurt from dragging all the magnets to make the sentences, but it was an easy task. Hope you enjoy!


I decided to do the Step it Up activity too. So my mom and I made a Screencastify video to show how to ask "What are you doing today?" and how to answer "I am going to swim." in te reo Maori. This was my first time using Screencastify and it was very easy to use. I even learnt how to trim the beginning and ending of my movie off. It was so easy to do because it is so much like iMovie that I use in class. 

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cayden,

    Fiona here from the SLJ team of bloggers. I hope you are enjoying the summer journey so far!

    He tino pai tō mahi! Great work rearranging the te reo Māori kupu and finishing the sentences. Ka pai! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed this activity.

    Could you please share your file so anyone with the link can view?

    Looking forward to watching your video!

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona!

    Sorry that you were unable to see my video. I have fixed it and I hope you enjoy watching. What would you put into the sentence that I said to my mum?

    Bye!
    Caydz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Cayden,


    Thanks for sharing your video. I just watched it and I thought it was so awesome! I really like how you recorded yourself having a conversation with your mum - how cool!

    For my sentence I would write: Kei te haere au ki te tākaro pā whutupōro. I have a 10 year old son who loves playing rugby with me on the holidays - it is a lot of fun.

    For this post I am definitely awarding you bonus points - ka pai! You have really stepped it up by using Screencastify and writing a really interesting blurb in your post.

    Keep up the awesome mahi! I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona! Thank you so much for the bonus points. I have been trying my best to do a little extra because I want to get those points! What activities have you been doing with your son since Christmas? We went on a beach holiday in Tutukaka and it was fun.

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Cayden,

    Fiona here again from the SLJ. Your beach holiday to Tukukaka sounds wonderful! I hope the weather was nice and sunny for you. Since Christmas, we have been going to the beach too. We travelled up north to the Kaipara - the fishing is fantastic there and my son caught a few big snappers, he was so happy!

    Keep up the fantastic blogging, Cayden!

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.